The Lamberti home was a gut remodel, taking a duplex in Kenilworth and making it a single family home. It was the first Healthy Built Certified remodel in western North Carolina. It was awarded silver. It has an encapsulated and insulated crawl space. Two inch foam board was added to the exterior walls adding r-10 insulation to an already r-13 fiberglass batt insulation. The hip roof was sprayed with icynene.
Details of note
New high performance windows were installed
- Solar-assisted domestic hot
- Reclaimed black walnut was used for the kitchen island and
interior trim in the master suite.
- Clay plaster accent wall in dining
- Detached garage was sided with locally sourced white pine.
- Water catchment into rain barrels off garage roof.
- Home was totally re-wired, re-plumbed and a new high-efficiency air source
heat pump was installed with backup gas furnace.